In addition to the traditional Pumpkin Pie dessert every Thanksgiving, we think there needs to be something to please the chocolate-lovers in your family…Mint Brownies! We recommend this recipe to anyone who is looking for something sweeter on Thanksgiving. Don’t forget to include your favorite HERSHEY’S® Chocolate ingredients!
Ingredients for 24 Servings:
- 3 sticks plus 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup HERSHEY’S® Cocoa
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 2/3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 4 drops green food coloring
- 1 cup HERSHEY’S® SPECIAL DARK® Chocolate Chips
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 13” x 9” baking pan.
- Melt 2 sticks of butter in the microwave. Stir in granulated sugar and vanilla. Add eggs; Beat well. Add cocoa, flour and baking powder. Beat until well blended. Pour batter into the greased pan.
- Bake 30 – 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Prepare the Mint Cream by combining powdered sugar, 1 stick of butter, water, mint extract and food coloring. Beat until smooth. Spread evenly on brownies. Cover & refrigerate until cold.
- Prepare the Chocolate Glaze by melting together 6 tablespoons of butter and the chocolate chips. Stir until smooth. Cool slightly & pour on top of the chilled Mint Cream. Cover & refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.