Summer may be coming to an end in the next six weeks but that doesn’t mean your child’s patented smile has to be turned upside down just yet. Your son or daughter’s upcoming birthday provides you an opportunity to ensure that this is the summer he or she won’t ever forget.
So if you’re stumped on how to celebrate your child’s big day while the temperatures are warm and the sun is out, here are five party ideas we know your child will love with the ideal chocolate bar favors for each one!
1) An Under The Sea Birthday: Ideal for your daughter, an under the sea birthday brings the Disney classic The Little Mermaid to life. Dress your little girl and all her friends up as the beautiful mermaids they are. Decorate tables with seashells and starfish and get your whole family into the act by encouraging them to dress as different characters from the film! Wouldn’t brother Lucas be the perfect Sebastian? And sorry mom, but someone has to be the wicked Ursula while dad, of course will be the masculine King Triton. Commemorate the occasion by filling up toy sand buckets with bubbles, shoveling gear, and of course chocolate! Chocolate bar pairing: Fish and Friends.
2) Baseball: Nothing screams summer more than America’s pastime. A night of cotton candy, stadium hot dogs, souvenirs, wacky mascots, the smell of fresh cut grass, and the crack of the bat on a majestic home run will surely live in your child’s mind forever. No matter where you live there is sure to be professional baseball near you. Whether it is a major league clash between powerhouse titans or low minors action with recent draftees, the experience of a ballgame is one that every child must experience. And there’s no better time than on their birthday. Chocolate bar pairing: Over The Fence.
3) Outdoor Picnic and Barbeque: Perhaps the easiest and least stressful party theme, an outdoor picnic and barbeque allows for the most versatility. Treat your guests to delicious hamburgers, hot dogs, and whatever other grilled treats you can think of. Set up volleyball nets, soccer goals, and slip and slides. You can even rent a projector and screen and give your guests an outdoor movie experience they’ll never forget! Chocolate bar pairing: Cool Cake.
4) Wet and Wild Party: Expanding outside of the basic slip and slide, a wet and wild party encompasses every imaginable aspect of water you can possibly think of. Crank up the sprinklers, fill up the supersoakers, and blow up the inflatable water slides and watch as your child has the wettest and wildest birthday party possible. Chocolate bar pairing: Tidal Wave.
5) A Chocolate Dream: Nestled 15 minutes from Harrisburg, Pennsylvania is a city that your children have surely only dreamed about. A city that is devoted to your child’s favorite chocolate candy. That city is Hershey and it’s ready to host your child’s birthday extravaganza. Surprise your child with this trip of a lifetime. From a visit to the world famous Hershey’s Chocolate World, to the magnificent Hersheypark amusement/water park, to the endless amounts of everybody’s favorite chocolate treat, this birthday idea comes with a guarantee that this will be an unforgettable memory for your child. Chocolate bar pairing: HERESHEIS/HEREHEIS®.