1. Choose a theme that is young and fun. Barn yard animals, planes and butterflies are perfect for a first birthay party.
2. Purchase or decorate a t-shirt that says “My First Birthday”. If you decide to get creative, you can use stamped-on letters and your child’s handprint in paint.
3. Serve a unique birthday cake. You can buy a cake that matches your theme or bake one yourself. You may want to consider having a small cake just for the birthday boy or girl or decorative cupcakes.
4. Start a birthday tradition. Find something unique and budget friendly to do for your child each year. For example, fill your child’s room with balloons the night before his or her birthday while he or she sleeps.
5. Give sweet party favors so your guests can remember your child’s special day. Wrappedhersheys.com has a variety of first birthday party favors to choose from. Match your airplane themed party with item SB275 First Flight.
Find other first birthday tips and ideas at parents.com.